Mosaic of Life

Thursday, October 30, 2008

New Baby Tips that Really Helped

Here's a couple of things that we did with our little girl that I thought were worth passing along:



Save all instructions! I keep a drawer (really a trundle storage box that rolls under her crib and is hidden by the dust ruffle) for all instruction manuals, proof of purchase, important packaging for all of Kelly's stuff. I know where to look when I need to find something baby related and if I need to take something back or consign it (worth more with packaging) I still have it.

I hid a $20 bill in the lining of my diaper bag for emergencies.

I use a drawstring mesh lingerie bag to keep baby socks together in the washer and dryer. I hang it by the string on the hamper and put socks in it everyday. Keeps the washer and dryer from eating them!

I started during pregnancy to stock up on essential supplies--I know most moms do this with baby supplies like diapers during their nesting phase, but I'm not sure if everyone stocks up on things like detergent, TP, tooth paste, etc. Mostly I started doing it because I have to drive pretty far to get to my nearest Trader Joes, but I found it easier to keep a stockpile in the garage on an old bookshelf than to have to explain to a tired husband or helpful friend, what to buy and where to get it.

When I need to shower we have bathroom funtime. I started putting Kelly in her bouncy chair and later in her exersaucer and she plays just on the otherside of the curtain so I know if she's cranky to hurry up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home