Mosaic of Life

Monday, June 30, 2008

My Baby's Eyes

Saturday was another first--Kelly's first tears! Talk about a heartbreaking sight. I kissed them away (after excitedly showing them to Micah) and they were so salty! The joys of motherhood are not lost on me I must say. Kelly's eyes are mysterious. I was so surprised to see how dark they were when she was born. I always assumed, I guess, that they would be light colored like everyone in my family. My sibs and I all have light color-shifting eyes. They can be green, blue, hazel, aqua (Shawn) or even ringed with darker colors (Bill). Of course I loved her dark brown eyes as soon as I saw them--they were Micah's tender brown eyes. But after 3 weeks or so Kelly's eyes started to lighten up--still brown but definitely a light brown almost tan. Now, who knows! They can be midnight blue, dark green, light brown, or most of the time, an indistinct gray. It will be interesting to see if they "choose" a color and stick to it or continue to change throughout her life in the Shevitz way. Right now they are a perfect blend of Momma and Daddy's eyes--dark like Daddy's and "Chameleon" like Momma's. (Remember that Micah proposed to me in a song that he wrote called "Chameleon Eyes") Today they seem green/hazel. What color do you think they are?



Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

  • Yeah, they looked brownish from the initial photos. Now she has the Kelso-Shevitz eyes... interesting...

    My eyes were a brighter green the other day, then very blue a day or two ago. I always say that something significant is up when my eyes are bright green.

    Anyhow, interesting...

    By Blogger shevdog, at 2:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home