Make Mine Chocolate!
It's that time of year again--a special Ash Wednesday Message to everybody thinking of purchasing a pet rabbit for Easter.
Each year, unwanted, former Easter rabbits fill local rabbit rescues and humane societies. Help spread the word that rabbits are NOT disposable pets.
Before you bring a pet rabbit into your home at Easter, please consider these facts:
• Rabbits are NOT low-maintenance pets! They require as much work as a dog or cat.
• Rabbits can live 8 to 10 years, sometimes longer.
• The necessary spay or neuter can cost $100 or more, and rabbits require routine veterinary care.
• Rabbits are not cuddly — they can become frightened when held!
• Pet rabbits cannot be set “free” — it’s a death sentence.
This Easter, why not make it a CHOCOLATE bunny or a cuddly stuffed toy instead? Let’s make it a Happy Easter for bunnies, too.
If you still have your heart set on a real bunny check out your bunny compatability at this informative interactive site--http://www.makeminechocolate.org/learning.htm Take the "Is a rabbit right for you?" quiz and be sure to click on the ?'s to see the cool interactive educational features!