Mosaic of Life

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Drive Safe! We were in an accident Thanksgiving Weekend

posted by my husband, Micah B.
On Saturday I fell victim to a rushed holiday driver. I was driving home from Thanksgiving. Apparently going to slow in the left lane, when a pickup dragging a large trailer decided to pass me on the right. Well, apparently he forgot he was dragging a trailer because he got back over into the left lane way too soon, forcing me onto the shoulder. I slammed on the brakes and turned the steering wheel left to avoid him. The tail of my car decided to keep going forward and so I spun accross the highway, bumped off a guardrail and landed in the trees. The rear and driver side windows shattered, there was glass everywhere. I was encouraged by the number of people who stopped. There were 5-6 people there to help us within minutes. I was pretty shaken up. No injuries though, just alot of adrenalin. Then the ambulance and fire truck came. Finally the police and state troopers showed up. Then they stood on the side of the highway for 45 minutes and argued about whose jurisdiction we were in. Unbelievable! The local officer accused me of unnecessarily calling for an ambulance (which I didn't do). He put us in the back of his cruiser and then got out to argue with the statie some more. Finally we got out of his cruiser and into the troopers car. What a mess! Fortunately, my wife and I are both ok. I can't say as much for the car (or the trees for that matter). Still waiting to see if progressive decides to total it. Of course, the truck driver kept going. I have a hard time believing he/she didn't see me spin out. On the other hand, it is clear he/she wasn't paying much attention. Anyway, I have some pics that I will post later today.
Be careful out there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home